Home Page » Solutions » Localization Services » Software Translation and Localization
Picture the scene: you’re confident with your software and you’re ready to go global. But first you need to establish the right tone with your target audience. Discover the benefits of working with Transistent to translate and localize software and get faster and more professional results with our high-quality translation solutions!
Our 2018 Stats
Our 2018 Stats
Our 2018 Stats
We see the results of advancements in technology and digitization in all areas from education and health to entertainment. The emblem of our modern age, informatics is an indispensable part of our world. Software is at the center of informatics.
In its simplest terms, software allows electronic devices to perform certain defined operations to save time and effort and facilitate communication.
The most commonly used types of software are system, web, desktop, and mobile software. In fact, all the applications and programs we use on the internet, and our computers, as well as the apps on our tablets and mobile phones, are software products.
With companies like Google and Apple developing new technologies and software for the world’s largest companies, we can easily say that the software industry is one of the most forward-thinking out there.
The absence of any boundaries in the digital world allows the software industry to easily conduct its activities across a global network. While the software sector has a more advantageous position than many other sectors because it doesn’t sell any physical products or services, software production is actually highly demanding. One of the biggest obstacles to the international success of software solutions released after long testing phases is the language barriers.
For example, if you want your software product to reach audiences from different countries and build hype around it, you need it to be available in a range of different languages.
At Transistent, we add value to our customers’ software and avoid source code issues thanks to our network of IT experts, web-design experts, and our team of software translators with an excellent command of specialist software terminology!
Software translation and localization, also known as interface translation, requires the use of a language that is intimately familiar with the habits of your target audience. If you’re looking for multilingual language solutions to ensure that your software appeals to your target audience, you need to work with experienced software translation experts who also have a superior knowledge of the target language and culture. We provide software localization solutions for some of the biggest multinational corporations in the world, including IKEA, LC Waikiki, RBS, Kuveyt Türk, HSBC, Decathlon, and Logo.
Android and iOS mobile apps
We follow our standard workflow procedures for all translation requests from our clients. We can briefly summarize the process from receipt of the request to delivery of the translation as follows:
1. Translation request: The client sends us their translation request.
2. Price quote and approval: Our project managers make the most suitable offer to our client within the framework of the requested service and submit it for their approval.
3. Task delegation: After approval by the client, the project manager chooses the most suitable translator and editor for the project according to their areas of expertise.
4. Translation: The translator is allocated the task on our translation management platform, where he/she completes the translation of the text.
5. Editing: The translated content is forwarded to the editor over the same platform. The editor goes through and compares the target text against the source, making any corrections necessary e.g. resolving omissions, incorrect use of terminology.
6. Proofreading: After the editor has checked the text, a proofreader whose native language is the same as the target language checks the target text as a standalone piece for style, fluency, and cultural appropriateness.
7. DTP check: The files are returned to their original format by our DTP specialists and layout and formatting checks are performed.
8. Delivery: Prepared in accordance with our zero-error policy, the translation is delivered to the client within the deadline promised by the project manager.
We have ISO 17100 and ISO 9001 certificates, which set translation service and quality management system standards in the translation industry. We manage the entire process from price quote to delivery of the project using our standard workflow. You can find more information regarding our working processes in the section entitled “What stages does my project go through before it is delivered?”
If the service agreement also includes editing and proofreading, we provide all clients with a change report as evidence of the QA processes we implement.
We have an experienced team of in-house translators, editors, and proofreaders. We assign the most appropriate linguists to our clients’ translations tasks considering the language pair and domain. Completed translation projects are reviewed by a native speaker before delivery in order to achieve the optimum quality and fluency in the target language.
We sign a non-disclosure agreement with every freelance linguist working on our projects. Translation tasks are assigned to translators and editors through our translation management platform. Our project managers therefore have real-time access and overall control over your project at all times.
All delivered projects are processed in accordance with our quality assurance policy. We provide $50,000 worth of insurance coverage for any potential problems resulting from translation mistakes that may cause financial loss for our clients.
We provide all of our clients with personal access to our client portal, which is integrated with the translation management system. Our clients can send new requests through this portal and track the details of ongoing and completed projects. They can also ask us to share translation volumes, payment figures, total number of requests, and other details for specified periods.
We sign a service contract with every client we work with. The testimonials shared on our website are an up-to-date representation of our clients currently receiving services from us.